Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day Old Pommes Frittes Make it to the Breakfast Table



Maybe like me, you have the occasional craving for fries. Nothing can stand in the way of this long standing desire for something crispy, hot, and (of course) deep fried. Not threatening fat stats or even deplorable calorie counts that can ruin a week in the gym. No way! I'm loyal...so to comprise I don't eat all of the fries that are bestowed on me with my double double.
So, after basking in the afterglow of my fried feast the evening before, I created an ode to hash browns with my beloved pommes frittes that were patiently waiting in the fridge.

Ingredients:
Your Day Old French Fries (what's left of them)
2 Eggs (beaten)
1 Cippollini Onion
Sliced Minisweet Bell Peppers
Chopped Cilantro
Dash of Seasoned Pepper & Salt
1/2 Roma Tomato
Small Handful of Blended Shredded Cheese (I like Mozzarella, Jack & Cheddar)
Avocado Slices
Corn Tortillas
1 T Canola Oil

Start with a hot pan and then add your Canola oil. Throw in your onion and your fries and saute them quickly until they become slightly browned. Add your peppers and tomato and stir a bit. Next comes your eggs and scramble the entire mixture until the eggs begin to fluff. At the very last add your cilantro and cheese and stir. Don't wait another minute! Scoop this mixture into warm tortillas and top with avocado and maybe some Tapatio!!

No comments: